Written by Administrator
A small card printed or engraved with a person's name and business affiliation, including such information as title, address, and telephone number.
Tips to make your business card stand out:
- Your name: Use the full name that you want to be called, and if you want to add qualifications do so, or you could add those to the back of the card with your repeated name, address and phone numbers. in smaller font size.
- A photograph? This is a personal issue, but I think it’s a great idea to add a warm smiling headshot. Adding a photo, will be an aide memoire when people are sorting out all the cards they collected that day. I’d put a photo on the reverse side of the card and maybe add bullet points of your expertise.
- Your company logo: Every business should be branded, so your logo is a must-have on the card.
- Contact information: Clear space on your card is vital otherwise it can look crowded and messy. You don’t have to put your address or all your contact details either, simply your most preferred method of contact -– I’ve even seen ‘Google Me’ which is confident to say the least.
- Your website: Add your website, LinkedIn or other network account to your contact details. This will lead interested people to the extra information they want.
- Font: Choose your font carefully, it will become linked with you and your brand and should be congruent with all your other collateral.
- Personal and mission statements: I’m not too keen on these as mission statements often change as you move on, and I would leave it, if you use them, to other marketing materials such as website design and letterheads.